The University of Florida has a dedicated team to help guide interested students towards their chosen careers. The UF pre-health advisement team is available to partner with you on the best way to reach those goals.
- Gaining Healthcare Experience – For those in Gainesville, here is a link to Shands’ site listing available volunteer opportunities
- Gaining Volunteer/Community Service Experience – A link to local volunteer activities. For those not in Gainesville, an internet search within your city should find similar sites
- Building a Portfolio – Advice on documenting all of your health-related activities, community service, and shadowing experiences
- Finding a research opportunity – This link provides a search function to identify UF faculty and their research interests. For non-UF students, please consult your institution.
- Attend a Pre-Health Workshop
- Pre-Health FAQ – All other questions pertaining to what you must do before applying
- Aspiring Docs – An AAMC website packed with inspiration, tools, tips, resources, and first person accounts of differing paths to medicine
- AAMC| AMCAS Home Page – Where you begin the formal application process
- The AAMC 2021 Official Guide to Medical School Admissions: How to Prepare for and Apply to Medical School PDF is now available in the AAMC Store