The College of Medicine welcomes applications from students who demonstrate the personal and intellectual characteristics expected of physicians including compassion, communicativeness, character, captaincy and competence. Out of over 2,800 completed secondary applications, 135 matriculate into the final class.
There are three routes of admission to the University of Florida College of Medicine:
- Regular Admissions – Applicants who have or will have at least a B.A. or B.S. degree
- Medical Honors Program – Seven year BS/MD program. Current college students who are at a state-accredited university will apply in their second year of studies; 16 students are selected each year.
- Transfer/Advanced Standing Admissions – transfers are considered from a Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accredited medical school. The availability of transfer spots is rare.
2015-2016 Admissions Cycle
Letters of Recommendation:
- All letters must be submitted through AMCAS. AMCAS accepts a maximum of 10 letters. A letter packet submitted by an undergraduate institution is treated by AMCAS as 1 letter (out of a possible 10).
- The University of Florida College of Medicine requires a minimum of 3 letters. A specific distribution of recommenders is no longer required.
- Applicants should select recommenders who can collectively best address the following competencies outlined by the AAMC here: https://www.aamc.org/download/349990/data/lettersguidelinesbrochure.pdf
- A Pre-Health Advising Committee letter/packet will fulfill our letter requirements.
- Additional recommendation letters are accepted via AMCAS up to the maximum of 10.
Make sure your letter writer includes your AMCAS ID# on the top of the letter. Have the letters sent to:
AAMC Medical School Application Services
attn: Letters of Recommendation
P.O. Box 18958
Washington D.C. 20036